Jalama Road, California (SW-most Point of US): May 17, 2016
This point, at a sharp bend in the Jalama Road near Lompoc, California, is the southwesternmost point of the contiguous United States that's publicly accessible. There are two other nearby points of land to note:
- The southwesternmost point of the contiguous United States is an unnamed point of rocks near Point Arguello, located on Vandenberg Air Force Base. You can barely see that point in this panorama. However, because it's on an Air Force Base, it's off-limits to the public.
- The closest the public can get to that point is on Jalama Beach (see my previous panorama). However, the point shown in this panorama, at the bend in the road, is the southwesternmost point that's publicly accessible.
- To see my 360-degree panorama photo, click here.
- To read about my visit to Jalama Beach, see News: May 17, 2016.
- To read about the southwesternmost point of the contiguous United States, see The Southwesternmost Point of the U.S.